Saturday, July 25, 2009

Blue Bezel Necklace

Night Garden Bezel Bracelet


Last Christmas, I attempted my very first embroidered bezels. I had always admired the perfectly jacketed cabochons I had seen in magazines, but until then, I hadn't been brave enough to attempt one.

The green, black and silver bracelet turned out quite nice, and helped inspire more confidence in my peyote stitch abilities. For me, it's proof that practice really does make (almost) perfect. What seems impossible one day can be easy another day, with a little practice.

The Inspiration:

With a fresh selection of 11/o and 15/o seed beads in my stash, I decided to take the plunge and try a plain peyote stitch bezel. With no fabric to steady my work against, I was a little nervous about how it might turn out, but you never know until you try.

The Beads:

I wanted to experiment with inexpensive cabochons first, so I grabbed some pretty glass nuggets from the home decor section of my local craft store. After much searching and sorting, I was able to select a few that were nearly perfect circles.

Blue Bezel Beads



To match the blue-black cabs, I picked some dichroic-lined cornflower blue 11/o's, and purple lined sapphire 15/o's.

The Beadwork:

The first beaded cabochon worked out so nicely, that I just kept going made 2 more. Once they were completed, I connected each one with a small strip of right angle weave, and added a bail.

Thanks to this very successful experiment, I find myself wandering around, looking at everything and thinking to myself "Can I bezel that?!"

Blue Bezel Necklace

Copyright 2009 Inspirational Beading



3 comments:

  1. Oh, good. Somebody else gets obsessed with something new. Your bezels are just beautiful. The florist marbles were the first thing I bezelled too. I've even bezelled some odd shaped rocks when I didn't have "real" cabs available. Its fun!

    There's an award awaiting you at
    http://thebeaddoodler.blogspot.com/2009/07/premio-meme-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! What a great idea to use the glass marbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glass nuggets really do make pretty cabs. I don't know very many women who don't have the urge to fill every square inch of free space with little bowls and jars of them. Why not wear them, too?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com